I, like many of my male counterparts, don’t care much for fashion. My preferred outfit generally involves cargo pants and a black T-Shirt. Sometimes I’ll wear jeans instead, or if it’s hot out, cargo shorts. But that doesn’t mean I don’t know how to dress when I go out, or head to work, or anywhere else where I need to look presentable. As a service to my fellow man, I hereby provide the Fashion Tips for Men who don’t care about Fashion.
- Your socks should match your pants. There’s nothing more hideous than white socks under your Dockers, or blue socks with your khaki’s. The color of your socks should match the color of your pants as closely as possible.
- Your shoes should match your belt. This assumes you’re wearing a belt. Please do.
- Never, under any circumstances, hang or clip anything from your belt. Nothing.
4. If you’re wearing dark colored pants, wear a lighter colored shirt and vice versa. Only Johnny Cash can pull off the black pants and black shirt look.
5. If you’re wearing navy, wear a brown belt and shoes, not black.
- Things you need to own:
- Dockers or Dockers-style slacks in Black, Navy, Khaki and Grey.
- Lots of long sleeved collared shirts. You’ll be able to mix and match your shirts with these four slacks and make countless combinations. No short sleeves guys, you’ll look like a dork.
- Two belts; one black and one brown.
- Two pairs of shoes; one pair of black shoes, and one pair of brown.
Now go out and dress with confidence, you good looking stud you.